Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Endometriosis And New Beginnings

I know I won't be alone in these thoughts on this subject.. Endometriosis and a new relationship.. 

What do you tell them? How much do you tell them? When do you bring it up? 

A million questions have been overloading my mind lately as I start a new chapter in my life. The last few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind for me. A good one! But, fast moving, exciting and terrifying all at once. The scariest part of it all is how endometriosis will impact everything. Right now, it is behaving. But we all know how quickly that changes.

I don't want my life revolving around Endo. It has taken over way too much of it already! Now, I have started enjoying my life again, I'm terrified it will be snatched away to pain once again.

I have shared The Spoon Theory with my new boyfriend, who was extremely understanding about it. Which actually made me feel so much at ease. I have explained a few of the symptoms. He knows I get 'bad days' and that i'll need rest and hot water bottles. As with anyone though, until they see you in pain and having a bad day, endo is pretty much indescribable. Yes we can list off all the symptoms and the technical terms, but to know how it really affects us has to be seen. This is an experience I do not want to happen any time soon! But at the back of my mind, I know it eventually will. You can never escape Endo for too long.

I guess the only answer is to take one day at a time. With honesty and hope. We never know how we will be from one day to the next, so planning how/when/what to say is pretty irrelevant, I suppose? Endo is so unpredictable, so I will go with the flow. 

#MyEndoDiary

6 comments:

  1. No, you're not alone!! My Endo started playing up really badly again just as I started a new relationship with my (now) husband. After 2 - 2.5years symptoms free, it chose the worst time to rear its ugly head again. But, you know what? My husband has been amazing every single step of the way... just be honest with your new boyfriend, it sounds like he's taking it all in. Yes it's hard for them to understand, it's even harder for them to see you suffer, but honesty is the easiest way for them to support you, because if they don't know how you feel and what will help you, they will feel totally out of their depth. I hope this helps, and I do hope you have a lot more time while your symptoms are being kind to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this post Amanda and for the advice. New starts with endo are always an anxious time!

      Delete
  2. No, you're not alone!! My Endo started playing up really badly again just as I started a new relationship with my (now) husband. After 2 - 2.5years symptoms free, it chose the worst time to rear its ugly head again. But, you know what? My husband has been amazing every single step of the way... just be honest with your new boyfriend, it sounds like he's taking it all in. Yes it's hard for them to understand, it's even harder for them to see you suffer, but honesty is the easiest way for them to support you, because if they don't know how you feel and what will help you, they will feel totally out of their depth. I hope this helps, and I do hope you have a lot more time while your symptoms are being kind to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete