Skip to main content

Endometriosis: Definition of Endosisters

What is the definition of an Endosister? For those of us who have Endometriosis, this simple word can mean so much. For those who don't have Endo, it may make no sense at all. I tried to search for a definition but I couldn't find anything to describe it properly. So I thought who better to ask than endosisters themselves? Below are the most popular words and phrases I had sent to me via Twitter. The overall message I took from this was how united and supportive we are as a community. To all my Endosisters, this is how other women view you: brave, beautiful, determined and more than anything else a friend.

You don't have to see an Endosister to know they are there...




"Silent survivors." @StacyP_21


"A powerfully silent understanding, life saving, light in the dark, a bond tainted with sadness but sparkling with hope...part of something special as a result of something horrible." @RetroQuenie

"A global sisterhood of women with a visible illness for us, that is invisible to others." @shaewill_i_ams

"Worldwide strangers instantly transformed into family through one unfortunate similarity." @hansmith86

"No one but another endosister can truly understand the severity of the pain (try as they may) that endometriosis brings...endosisters have an inner strength that is incomparable." @shinexox

"A strong person is one who knows how to be quiet, shed a tear for a moment and then picks up their gloves and fights again...that's an endosister." @kgeorge88

"True sisterhood, a community, complete, genuine supporters. Educated raisers of awareness. Together, determined, strong." @ashmac63

"A tribe of women who no matter what they are going through, stop to see how other endosisters are doing...we get each other without even speaking. We understand the pain, the heartaches, the depression, pretty much everything. You will never be alone because there will always be another sister who has walked down the same path as you...We are a tribe of warriors who don't back down or give up. We are strong and courageous." @EndEndoForever

"Inspirational, strong, determined, understanding, loving, unique & beautiful." @browneyedsmiler

"Endosisters are amazing and supportive women that I never would have met if this terrible disease did not bring us together. I'm so glad to have met them. They make me feel like I am not alone and crazy!" @ladieswholap

"Kind, strong and spirited...'smiles while facing adversity'." @_EndoHappy

"Very accepting & caring & make you feel like you are not alone." @MissPish


Please add a comment if any other words/phrases come to mind when you think of what an Endosister means to you! I would love to hear them!

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. One of my favs in this heart is the line "Bond tainted in sadness Sparkling with Hope" That touched me so much it almost brought me to tears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my Blog! Me too, that line is one of my favourites. Shows the pain we go through but the fact we always have hope for better days!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: When did it all start?

Christmas 2009 is when my life changed. I had always suffered extremely heavy and painful periods. But to me that was normal. I didn't realise then that was a symptom. I was able to manage it. Whether it was wearing two pads, scouring chemists or supermarkets for period pain relief, heat pads, painkillers, holisitc bracelets, taking days off school or spending days in bed. That was my normal. But Christmas 2009 is when more symptoms started coming. Nothing I could put my finger on exactly at the time. I just I knew I didn't feel right. Especially my emotional health. I was so down. With hindsight it must of been changes of my hormone levels as hormones play such a big part in Endometriosis. Looking back, I now know that was the start of the flare. February 2010, I started having stabbing pains in my stomach. I remember the 1st ever time it happened. I was doing normal things. I was actually walking across my landing to get to my bedroom. The pains shot across through my stoma