Skip to main content

My Endometriosis Update 27/09/13

This post is just to bring you all up to speed with what's going on with me at the moment, treatment wise...

 I finally got my gynaecology appointment after six months of waiting. I am under a new consultant at the hospital which I am happy with. At my appointment I saw a Junior Doctor called Claire. I was a bit wary as it wasn't the actual consultant. She asked me what had been going on and let me explain everything to her. She actually listened to everything I said and was so understanding and patient when I became a bit emotional. She stated that my overall problem was obviously pain and if they could help to sort that out it could help all areas of my life (e.g working, depression, social life). Which I agree with totally. She talked through some treatment options. The coil, noristhertone tablets, different pills etc etc. Until I told her I had actually tried all of those options already. To say she was flummoxed as what to do next was an understatement. But instead of fobbing me off there and then she admitted she was unsure and wanted to talk to the consultant Mr Chawathe who has more experience. If only other doctors would do that instead of making up some other rubbish to get us out. The conclusion he came to was that he does not know if it's endometriosis or adhesion's that are causing my pain. If they do an operation straight away and it's just adhesion's then that will only cause more scar tissue, more pain, same problem. 


To work out which it is, I have to go on Hormone Injections again (GnRH),called Prostap. Similar ones other endosisters may have had are Zoladex or Lupron. These will shut down my ovaries and put me into a medical menopause. I went through this procedure two years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't go too well for me last time, made me feel quite unwell and the side effects were awful. I had other complications last time from the coil aswell so I decided to give it a go again. If I don't try, I won't know. And i'll try anything to get me out of this pain i'm suffering on a daily basis. I will have the injections for 3 months to start, then it will be reviewed. If it has stopped my endo pain it may be extended for another 3 months. Or surgery may be the next step... again! 

Does anyone else feel like they are going round and round in circles?! A vicious circle to say the least! Wish me luck. I think i'm going to need it!!




#MyEndoDiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: When did it all start?

Christmas 2009 is when my life changed. I had always suffered extremely heavy and painful periods. But to me that was normal. I didn't realise then that was a symptom. I was able to manage it. Whether it was wearing two pads, scouring chemists or supermarkets for period pain relief, heat pads, painkillers, holisitc bracelets, taking days off school or spending days in bed. That was my normal. But Christmas 2009 is when more symptoms started coming. Nothing I could put my finger on exactly at the time. I just I knew I didn't feel right. Especially my emotional health. I was so down. With hindsight it must of been changes of my hormone levels as hormones play such a big part in Endometriosis. Looking back, I now know that was the start of the flare. February 2010, I started having stabbing pains in my stomach. I remember the 1st ever time it happened. I was doing normal things. I was actually walking across my landing to get to my bedroom. The pains shot across through my stoma