Skip to main content

ENDOMETRIOSIS: When will it END?

Endometriosis. Endo. Adhesions. Laparoscopy. Endosisters. Words that I had never even heard of before my own diagnosis. Now they are in my everyday vocabulary. Why does the awareness of this chronic illness have to be nearly as invisible as endo itself? I hate what we have to go through on a daily basis. Isn't it enough to cope with pains that no one else can see without having to fight doctors to believe us that they are there? Surely, we shouldn't have to convince people the pain is not all in our heads! From being doubled over in pain to missing work, school, family time and  special events. To then being put through the mill with all the medications that are thrown at us. Hormones upon hormones. Painkillers and more painkillers. Poking and prodding. Surgery after surgery. Add to that endless amounts of hospital appointments and sleepless nights in between.

Is it realistic to think in this day and age that we should be expecting more? 

More awareness? Especially with those in the medical field. 
More reliable diagnosis? Not just leaving our only option of a reliable diagnosis via surgery.
More research? One's that are actually acted on! Research that will improve our daily living, not just to be published and float off into cyberspace.
More treatments? Treatments that will provide a longer lasting effect. Less side effects. Don't we have to put up with enough already?!

I sincerely hope one day soon that these expectations of mine will become a reality. Where people won't respond with "Endo what?" when we tell them what we have, but instead will have some knowledge on it.

Keep blogging, keep tweeting, keep spreading information on all social network sites. Keep researching, keep fundraising. We need to start shouting about Endometriosis from the rooftops. 

Click here to view my Endometriosis FAQ that I compiled myself, to help with awareness.. I've added my own personal experience to help!
#MyEndoDiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: 3rd Time Lucky?

August 25th. This will be the date of my next operation. My third. I have waited 12 months to get this date. Then, out of the blue, I receive a letter from the hospital. With only 12 days notice. In a way, that's good. Less time to stress. But for me, I'll stress no matter what. I'll just cram a year of waiting into 12 days of worry. I'm now down to 7 days. This time next week... Some people may think that knowing what will happen and how the day pans out etc, will be a benefit. A comfort perhaps. For me, it's the complete opposite. I know how emotional I will get. I know the feelings of panic, anxiousness and nervousness will build up. I know at certain points they'll peak and I'll break down. Just before I'm due to go down to theatre I'm guaranteed to start crying. The fear takes over and there's nothing I can do at that point but just trust the doctors and nurses. But that's normal I guess. Third time around, it will not be any