Skip to main content

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl 09/09/13

This is my second installment in my project 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl'. Read my first entry here. Again, I just want to bring more awareness to Endometriosis and try to relay what we actually go through on a daily basis! I want people to understand how difficult it can be!




09/09/13

12:30am I've just realised I went through the whole of yesterday without taking any Tramadol's! I wasn't pain free, but I managed a painkiller free day! Wow, a first for everything.

1:55am Can't get to sleep. I have stabbing pains underneath. Curled up with a hot water bottle.
3:30am Dropped off to sleep but just woke up again. I can't get comfortable at all! Pains niggling away. Went to the toilet, a regular nightly thing.
8:25am Been tossing and turning all night. Hardly any sleep.
9:30am Fell back to sleep. Woken up now with pains in my right ovary. Pains are shooting to the top of my leg.
11:00am At the doctors, my appointment is at ten past. The waiting room is packed, I'm having massive cramps. Trying to look 'normal' while leaning over holding my stomach. Doctor is running 40 minutes late...brilliant.
12:20pm Out food shopping. My mother is worried about me as she's said my colour in my face is awful. I'm feeling so tired and a bit weak.
1:00pm Just taken a Tramadol. Pains are stabbing down my right side.
2:30pm Just got home from shopping. Feeling exhausted. Made up a hot water bottle and curled up on the sofa. Struggling to keep my eyes open.
6:00pm Can't stop yawning. The age old dilemma.. Do I have a sleep now or wait until tonight? If I sleep now i'll more than likely be up all night. Or do I try and get any amount of sleep when I can as i'm awake through the night anyway.
6:30pm Massive endo pains have started in my pelvis and shot straight up through my stomach. My whole stomach felt like it was cramping up. 2nd Tramadol of the day taken.
8:30pm Throbbing pains on the right side of my hip. Back pain is starting.
10:30pm Two more Tramadol's taken. Pain is increasing quickly. So uncomfortable.
11:30pm I've just come up to bed. Aches all down my legs. Hoping i'll get some sleep soon. Not getting my hopes up.
**Next day: As you may have guessed, sleep was not on the agenda!**


From one day to the next, we cannot predict how our Endometriosis will behave. Unpredictable. Painful. Exhausting.
#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. Hi, my name is Rachel Cohen and I have endo as well. I am writing a book that collects the stories of women with endo from around the world and I was wondering if you would be interested in writing for me. Your blog is awesome and you would be a great asset to my book. If you are interested, please email me at elnchel@yahoo.com or comment on my blog: endofromtheheart.blogspot.com or follow me on twitter at endofromtheheart. I would really love for you to be a part of my project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: When did it all start?

Christmas 2009 is when my life changed. I had always suffered extremely heavy and painful periods. But to me that was normal. I didn't realise then that was a symptom. I was able to manage it. Whether it was wearing two pads, scouring chemists or supermarkets for period pain relief, heat pads, painkillers, holisitc bracelets, taking days off school or spending days in bed. That was my normal. But Christmas 2009 is when more symptoms started coming. Nothing I could put my finger on exactly at the time. I just I knew I didn't feel right. Especially my emotional health. I was so down. With hindsight it must of been changes of my hormone levels as hormones play such a big part in Endometriosis. Looking back, I now know that was the start of the flare. February 2010, I started having stabbing pains in my stomach. I remember the 1st ever time it happened. I was doing normal things. I was actually walking across my landing to get to my bedroom. The pains shot across through my stoma