Skip to main content

Things can only get better?

So, two days into this week and I honestly cant imagine what else is going to happen. Sunday night ovary pains started to come on. All around my left ovary. Stabbing, cramping. Monday morning the pains were still present in the exactly the same place. Next I had a funny turn. Felt so sick, dizzy and became really sweaty. That passed within 10 - 15 minutes. Later on in the afternoon, the sickness came back. I was out at the time and had a 20 minute drive home. I really thought my mother would have to pull up on the side of the road for me to be sick. Luckily I got home - just in time! I absolutely hate being sick, it makes me feel so unwell & scared. Nausea didn't pass for the rest of the day, neither did the ovary pains. Day 1 of this week done.

Day 2 today. Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. Ovary pains were now going from my left ovary to the right and back again. Got washed and went downstairs to make a hot water bottle. Really wasnt feeling well or quite with it. Boiled the kettle, picked it straight up and went to pour it into my hot water bottle but instead tipped it all over my hand. You know that bit of skin between your thumb and 1st finger... yep, scolded right there, down my hand and onto my little finger. Absolutely killed!! Held my hand under cold water at once. And again multiple times throughout the day. Still hurting now and been feeling like its on fire. Luckily no blisters have formed though, cold water seems to have done the trick. After that, nausea came back. Felt so so tired, tried to have a little nap to sleep through it but just as I was dropping off to sleep, endo stabs in my stomach woke me up. Endo pains are really getting to me now, brain seems to have gone to mush & the simplest of tasks is proving hard to do.


Day 3 of the week tomorrow...

'Things can only get better' hey?! Surely they can't get any worse! How's the start of everyone else's week? Much better I hope!

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that  Endometriosis does not come alone.  (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed. I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from