Skip to main content

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that Endometriosis does not come alone. (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed.

I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from work due to Endo. It's such a shame it has come to this after working there for so long. Admittedly, towards the end I wasn't entirely happy working there. Lack of support and understanding one factor, stress of targets another. The hardest factor was just getting out of bed on a bad day. I'd be worn out before I'd even get to my desk.

On the other hand, as soon as I gave in my notice, it was like a tonne of weights had been lifted off my shoulders. I had instant relief and felt quite positive. The way i'm looking at it for now is that it's one less thing to stress about. Constantly worrying about how much time I've had off, hitting targets, or attending meetings with management really took it out of me. Dealing with Endo alone is bad enough without everything else thrown on top. For now I'm going to concentrate on me and my health. Focusing on that alone without other external factors getting me down, I'm hoping will help! Then I can start looking for other employment options.

I look forward to getting myself back on track..soon!
#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. I'm sorry you've had to do that but hopefully it'll be a stepping stone to you getting better and a bright future :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found this blog through Twitter!! I have been through a similar thing with work and I have left before they got rid of me! Thankfully I am about to start a new job where I will be working in an office 2/3 days a week and the rest at home so I can suffer from the comfort of my own home!

    I'll definitely be making sure I come back tomorrow to read some more and followed =D

    take care

    xxx

    jazzabelled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my blog! Great to know im not the only one in this position but im sorry its happened to you too! Glad to hear you're in a better position now tho with your new job, sounds manageable! Good Luck for when you start, keep me updated! x

      Delete
  3. Oh no sorry to hear about your employment but it is good that you have been positive about it and it is less stress for you. I am unemployed as working with illnesses has been too much, I pushed myself too hard.
    I wanted to say also that it was because of you I started to get to know all the endo sisters on Twitter and saw all the blogs. Yours was the first blog I ever read as I searched for more help once I was referred for a laparoscopy. Thank you for raising awareness and introducing me to all the lovely ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha! Oh wow thank you for that message! That really is lovely. So glad to know that and its helped in some way..really means a lot to me. I'm always around on twitter or here if you ever need to chat. Sorry you're in the same boat employment wise. I agree if you were making yourself worse its good to take a step back and just concentrate on yourself, which i'm planning to do! Thanks again for reading it & the message. Lots of love xx

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry that after 9 years of hard work that your company would actually consider terminating you! But I am so glad to hear that this feels more like a relief to you rather than a huge burden. You need to take care of you dear friend. Thinking of you and as always sending lots of love, support and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed this comment, I'm so sorry! It's been hard but can only take things a day at a time. Hope you are well, lots of love xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: When did it all start?

Christmas 2009 is when my life changed. I had always suffered extremely heavy and painful periods. But to me that was normal. I didn't realise then that was a symptom. I was able to manage it. Whether it was wearing two pads, scouring chemists or supermarkets for period pain relief, heat pads, painkillers, holisitc bracelets, taking days off school or spending days in bed. That was my normal. But Christmas 2009 is when more symptoms started coming. Nothing I could put my finger on exactly at the time. I just I knew I didn't feel right. Especially my emotional health. I was so down. With hindsight it must of been changes of my hormone levels as hormones play such a big part in Endometriosis. Looking back, I now know that was the start of the flare. February 2010, I started having stabbing pains in my stomach. I remember the 1st ever time it happened. I was doing normal things. I was actually walking across my landing to get to my bedroom. The pains shot across through my stoma